Home > About
Before reading any further ask yourself the following questions
- Do you have a JUMP proof, DIG proof, CHEW
proof fence which completely encloses your backyard and is at
least 5 feet high?
- Will your new dog have company for most of the day? This can
be either human or another dog (preferably a beagle of course!)?
- Are you prepared to walk your dog on a lead AT ALL TIMES?
- Are you happy to live with a back lawn which may at times
resemble a lunar landscape, covered in craters and pot holes?
- Are you prepared to make sure all your shoes, toys and
anything else you don't want chewed are not left within beagle
- Are you able to resist pleading brown eyes that try to
convince you they are perpetually hungry?
- Are you prepared to put some time and effort in training
your new dog, letting them know who is in control?
- The average lifespan of a beagle is 10 to 15 years. Are you
sure that any long term plans you might have will not effect
If you answered "NO"
to any of the above questions, then I strongly suggest that you
think twice about getting a beagle. Chances are a beagle is
NOT FOR YOU!
If you have read this far and are still keen on getting a beagle
then please use the links
on the right for more information about the Beagle